Friday, July 5, 2013

The Swede who won a pair of Google-loops - New Technology

More than 100,000 people wanted to be in the test group for the Google Glass. Swede Pernilla Näsfors won the competition where Ny Teknik’s editorial was a chance. Now we meet her in Visby with the coveted glasses on his nose and get answers as to whether they require a manual.

Pernilla Näsfors’s degree in information science and work on aid issues at the World Bank in Washington. New Technology hits her in the crowd during Almedalsveckan in Visby.

What will your reaction when you go out in public?

– Many people are curious and come back and ask about the glasses or whispering about them to each other. Others want to try and want to be photographed medglasögonen to post on Instagram or Facebook. I’ve only had them for a week and a half and is not really comfortable with them yet.

The application Google wanted to know what you would do with the glasses if you were chosen as a test person. What did you write?

– I traveled around Nepal then and thought I would document the environment, such as taking pictures and position locations with GPS. So their question, “If I had ice cream,” I replied “I would map Kathmandu.”

So far 10,000 testers nominated and one of them has likened glasses to having a smartphone on the skull. The goggles have a lens that is a transparent display. The lens acts as a screen for video, maps and other projected. The goggles are also equipped with 4g and voice recognition.

What is best and what is worst?

– I have not started using it all yet. It’s mostly to take pictures and record video. The voice recognition works well but you have to speak English, so adding the hashtag “Almedalen” is not so good.

Do I have to read the manual?

– No, it was a review when they brought out the glasses and they went through the features. But the user interface could be more intuitive. It has started to get some apps also with more features and I’m a little excited to try making your own.

Ny Teknik has asked readers (see the question in the right column): How would you feel surrounded by the Google Glasses? 40 percent say that they would feel offended. And, according to Roy, many of those who have Google Glass asked: “You’re filming me now?”

How do you see the issue of integrity?

– I do not want to monitor people. I shoot up the glasses on your head that people should not look so much. And I do not automatically flow of images but choose what content I want to share with others.

What is the weirdest thing you experienced?

– I think that it is strange that there are so few people know what it is, so much as been written about these glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment